TO : ALL MEMBERS, NON-MEMBERS, FILIPINOS-AMERICANS of TENNESSEE and the PUBLIC
DATE : JUNE 3, 2017
RE : NOTICE OF ELECTION
This is to notify all members that my term as President ends this year, 2017. After which, I will automatically become the Board Adviser of the succeeding leadership.
Hence, per Board Meeting of May 6, 2017, in accordance with Article IV, Section 4.5, of the Amended By-Laws of the Filipino American Association of Tennessee, this is to announce that the organization is opening its positions through popular election in Tennessee. Voters must be members of the organization in good standing 30-days prior to the date of the election. An election committee will be appointed, which shall be composed of leaders and members from other Filipino-American groups in Tennessee [Art. IV, Sec. 4.5 (b) and (f)].
All individuals desiring to run for office are hereby advised that the deadline to file candidacy is at 11:59PM Central Standard Time of JULY 31, 2017, Monday. It must be filed and addressed to FAAT 2017 ELECTION COMMITTEE. Please be advised that Presidents and Vice-Presidents must:
1. Have a platform of goals to be presented prior to election;
2. Make sure that all candidates are present during the election as their attendance is mandatory, and their absence will only be permitted in writing and upon review and approval of the election committee;
3. Make sure that membership forms and payment of membership dues to the organization are received no later than 11:59pm of October 4, 2017. Any individual deciding to vote and become a member after such period, or on the same day of election will be barred from casting his/her vote but will still be accepted as a non-voting member of the organization. Membership forms are available through www.filamoftn.org/membership/
4. Campaign only from September 1 to November 3, 2017, and comply with the Election Protocol that the Election Committee shall announce.
5. Be present on Election Day: Saturday, November 4, 2017. Details of the venue will be announced later.
Thank you so much for your continuous and overwhelming support of the Filipino-Americans and the Filipino American Association of Tennessee (www.filamoftn.org).
Very respectfully yours,
JOY RUTH S. MATANGUIHAN, J.D.